Snapshot of History Competition
Between 14 December 2017 until 17th January 2018 upload a recent photograph of the Manawatu District showing a recognizable location or event, e.g. street, building, park, landmark, beach, river etc.
Entries will be judged by a resident photographer and historian. Any recognizable people must be identified by name in the entry.
Children - up to the age of 12
Teenagers – 13-19 years of age
Children - $50 Voucher
Teenagers & Adults - $100 voucher
There will also be a ‘People’s Choice’ prize of $100 voucher
Click here to enter the competition and upload your photograph.
People's Choice Award
On Friday 19 January, all entries will be displayed at the Farmers Market in Manchester Square in Feilding for voting.
On Saturday 20 January, all entries will be displayed at the Feilding Library for voting.
From Friday 19 January - Sunday 21 January all entries will be displayed on the Feilding Library website and on Feilding Library Facebook page for voting.
The entry with the most votes (across all categories) will win the People's Choice Award.
Terms & Conditions
- Entries will be accepted from 14th December 2017 until 17th January 2018.
- Only entries received on or between these dates will be considered. Entries must be submitted in electronic form using the Entry Form on this site.
- You may enter as many times as you like. An entry form must be filled out with details to accompany each photograph.
- Entries must clearly show a recognizable location in the Manawatu District Council Region and be taken within the last 12-months to be eligible.
- If people are shown in the photograph, permission must be obtained by the photographer before submitting the photograph to use their picture and all people must be identified by name in the entry.
- Entering the competition gives permission for Manawatu District Libraries (and Manawatu District Council) to display submissions in the libraries or on library webpages and social media. No payment will be made in any such case.
- All entries will be uploaded into Manawatu District Libraries' heritage photo collection at http://feildingphotos.mdc.govt.nz
- Winners will be selected and notified by 26th January 2018. Manawatu District Libraries will make reasonable attempts to contact the winner.
- Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winning prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or similar, or another prize.
- Your contact information will be kept confidential by Manawatu District Libraries and not disclosed or sold to any other party.
- People’s Choice Award – photographs can be viewed and voted on at our webpage and also will be on display at the Farmers Market on Friday 19th January 2018 and at the Feilding Library on Saturday 20th.