Reading Challenge - Kids
We're setting the kids in your family a Reading Challenge for this year!
Are your children 10 years old or younger? Can they read (or you read to them) 26 or 70+ books over 10 months? Do they want to get rewarded for it?
Then take up our challenge and set your children a goal to read as many books as they can from our physical or electronic collection between 1 February and 30 November and reap the rewards!
HOW IT WORKS
1. Set a reading goal with the kids:
- 26 books over 10 months
- 70 books over 10 months
2. Complete their pledge:
- Over the 10 months from 1 February to 30 November encourage your children to read as many books as you can and record them in your log book. You can pick up a physical log book from the library or if you choose to fill in an electronic log book, we will email this to you.
3. Come in and show us how your children are progressing towards their reading goal:
- Complete a review (in the log book, physical or electronic) of one of the books they have read and pop into the library each school holidays to show us their pledge progress. School holiday dates change each year, click here for dates if you are unsure of when the holidays are. Please note, we may use their review for a 'people's choice' book on our staff picks table, or published on our website or social media accounts.
- If they meet the milestone target when they bring in their review, they'll receive a free swim voucher.
- 26 books - Milestone 1:7 books, Milestone 2:14 books, Milestone 3:21 books, Completion: 26 books!
- 70 books - Milestone 1:19 books, Milestone 2:38 books, Milestone 3:57 books, Completion: 70 books!
4. At the end of the 10 months, if they have met their reading pledge goal, they can enter the draw for their chance to win a Book Lover's prize:
- Pop into the library between 1-7 December to sign off their challenge and enter the draw.
- 26 Books: Book Lovers prize valued at $30
- 70 Books: Book Lovers prize valued at $50
- The prize draw will take place on the closest working day to the 9th December and winners will be contacted directly.