Reading Challenge - Adults
We're setting you a Reading Challenge for this year!
Can you read 26 or 70+ books over 10 months? Want to get rewarded for it?
Then take up our challenge and set yourself a goal to read as many books as you can from our physical or electronic collection between 1 February and 30 November and reap the rewards!
HOW IT WORKS
1. Set yourself a reading goal:
- 26 books over 10 months
- 70 books over 10 months
2. Complete your pledge:
- Over the 10 months from 1 February to 30 November read as many books as you can and record them in your log book. You can pick up a physical log book from the library or if you choose to fill in an electronic log book, we will email this to you.
3. Come in and show us how you are progressing towards your reading goal:
- Complete a review (in your log book, physical or electronic) of one of the books you have read and pop into the library each school holidays to show us your pledge progress. School holiday dates change each year, click here for dates if you are unsure of when the holidays are. Please note, we may use your review for a 'people's choice' book on our staff picks table, or published on our website or social media accounts.
- If you meet the milestone target when you bring in your review, you'll receive a free coffee voucher.
- 26 books - Milestone 1:7 books, Milestone 2:14 books, Milestone 3:21 books, Completion: 26 books!
- 70 books - Milestone 1:19 books, Milestone 2:38 books, Milestone 3:57 books, Completion: 70 books!
4. At the end of the 10 months, if you have met your reading pledge goal, you can enter the draw for your chance to win a Book Lover's prize:
- Pop into the library between 1-7 December to sign off your challenge and enter the draw.
- 26 Books: Book Lovers prize valued at $75
- 70 Books: Book Lovers prize valued at $100
- The prize draw will take place on the closest working day to the 9th December and winners will be contacted directly.