Justice of the Peace


What can a JP do for me?

  • A JP can witness your signature on a document.
  •  A JP can certify copies of documents for you including cellphone texts and computer displayed results. 
  •  A JP can administer an affidavit for you. This is a document that is sworn on oath or affirmed and is normally used in a legal proceeding.
  •  A JP can complete a declaration for you. This may be a statutory declaration made under the Oaths and Declarations Act 1957 or some other statute which provides for this to be done.

Need a JP?

An 'accredited' JP is at the Feilding Library from 11:30am - 1:30pm on Tuesdays and Fridays. They can be found in the Heritage Room behind the main reception desk. If they're already engaged with a customer, please wait outside the room for your turn. 

If you need an 'accredited' JP Click here to be taken to the Royal Federation of NZ Justices' Associations website to Find a JP. insert Feilding in search field and contact any of the 'accredited' JP's directly.