Justice of the Peace
A Justice of the Peace (also knows as a JP) operates a Service Desk here at the Feilding Library.
When: Fridays 11:30am - 1:30pm (when the library is open).
Location: In the Heritage Room at the Library
- Appointments are not required but please be aware there may be a wait in some of the busier areas.
- Do not sign your documents before coming to see the JP.
- If you have copies to be certified, bring the original document as well.
- You may wish to take your driver licence, 18+ card, passport, or other photo identification if you have it.
What can a JP do for me?
- A JP can witness your signature on a document.
- A JP can certify copies of documents for you including cellphone texts and computer displayed results.
- A JP can administer an affidavit for you. This is a document that is sworn on oath or affirmed and is normally used in a legal proceeding.
- A JP can complete a declaration for you. This may be a statutory declaration made under the Oaths and Declarations Act 1957 or some other statute which provides for this to be done.
Need a JP Before Friday?
If you need a JP outside of the Service Desk time listed above, you can contact any JP to make a separate appointment.
Click here to be taken to the Royal Federation of NZ Justices' Associations website to Find a JP.