You now have 24/7 access to over 70 world languages and more than 20 English as a Second Language (ESL) courses through Mango Languages. Mango’s practical, self-paced courses make it simple to brush up on that high school French, rekindle your lifelong dream of visiting Ireland, or simply build on your high school Spanish.
Mango’s language courses are built to provide the tools and guidance you need to expand your language skills however, whenever, and wherever you learn best:
- Each course immerses you in real-world situations using native speaker audio and guided in your native language.
- Nail that pitch perfect accent using the voice comparison feature, or practice your pronunciation by clicking on any word to hear it spoken at a slower pace.
- Lessons cover cultural and grammatical nuances, while integrating components of vocabulary and pronunciation.
- Memory-building exercises strengthen critical thinking skills and empower you to break down words and sentences and build new phrases on your own.
- Personal and family profiles are available for up to five additional learners and allow you to view progress across all devices and users.
- Assessments and chapter reviews are built into each course unit to gauge retention and personal improvement.
- Free mobile apps are equipped with hands-free features like Bluetooth syncing and auto play, perfect for your busy, on-the-go lifestyle.
Click here to access Mango on your computer and sign up to start learning.
If you haven't already, download the free mobile app - available on Google Play or the Apple Store.
Follow these handy steps to get started:
Step 1: Download the Mango Languages mobile app from the App Store (iOS) or the Google Play Store (Android) and log in if you already have an account, or sign up to create a profile.
Step 2: Find and select the 'Subscribe for more' option in the dropdown menu at the top. On the next screen, tap 'Search' next to where it says 'Access Near You: Find FreevMango.'
Step 3: After searching for 'Manawatu' and tapping on 'Manawatu District Libraries', enter your library card number and then hit 'Done' or 'Go' on the keyboard.
Step 4: Select your language course. Choose from over 70 world languages, including English, and start learning!
If you have any issues logging in or getting started, please contact us or come and visit.