Join the Library
- It is free to join the Library
- Join the library online to receive a temporary membership (must be validated within 2 weeks)
- Bring in photo ID to validate your membership
- If you have any questions about the membership requirements please get in touch.
- Alternately you can come into the library and sign up in person with your ID.
If you do not live in the Manawatu District you may still join the library, there are no charges now to join the library if you're out of our district.
When you have joined
- Your Library card allows you to borrow items on the self-check machines and log in to the internet computers.
- Apps are available to store your card on your phone if you prefer.
As a member you have access to a great selection of items catering to a wide variety of interests, ages and stages of life.
|All books & audio books (including digital copies), puzzles, free DVD's and DVD sets (with 3 or more discs).
||3 week issue
All magazines and new release DVD's
|1 week issue
|Returned late - up to 1 week overdue
|Per additional week overdue (billed at the beginning of each week, up to a maximum of 5 weeks - $5)
|Lost item (immediately charged after 5 weeks overdue)
||Charged at original purchase price
Note: there are no overdue fees on Junior accounts (up to 18yrs). Lost item charges still apply if an item is not returned.
Renewing your Books
- You can renew items twice unless another person has placed a hold on the item.
- Via the free Manawatu District Libraries App on Apple and Android smart devices.
- Through your library account with your card number and pin.
- At the library on a self-check machine.
- You can return your books on the automatic returns shelf by the front entrance.
- After hours there is a returns slot to the right of the Main Entrance.