Join the Library
- It is free to join the Library for Manawatū District ratepayers and residents
- Join the library online to receive a temporary membership (must be validated within 2 weeks)
- Bring in photo ID to validate your membership
- If you have any questions about the membership requirements please get in touch.
- Alternately you can come into the library and sign up in person with your ID.
If you do not live in the Manawatu District you may still join the library by using the following options
- $1.50 per item borrowed (plus any other charges on the item).
When you have joined
- Your Library card allows you to borrow items on the selfcheck machines and log in to the internet computers.
- Apps are available to store your card on your phone if you prefer.
As a member you have access to a great selection of items catering to a wide variety of interests, ages and stages of life.
|All books & audio books (including digital copies), puzzles, free DVD's and DVD sets (with 3 or more discs).
||3 week issue
All magazines and new release DVD's
|1 week issue
|Returned late - up to 1 week overdue
|Per additional week overdue (billed at the beginning of each week, up to a maximum of 5 weeks - $5)
|Lost book (immediately charged after 5 weeks overdue)
||Charged at original purchase price
Renewing your Books
- You can renew items twice unless another person has placed a hold on the item.
- Via the free Manawatu District Libraries App on Apple and Android smart devices.
- Through your library account with your card number and pin.
- At the library on a selfcheck machine.
- You can return your books on the automatic returns shelf by the front entrance.
- After hours there is a returns slot to the right of the Main Entrance.